Monday, September 30, 2013

Classroom Ephemera #1: A Study in Penises

I thought of making these part of my Artifacts  project, but decided these works needed to live in a space of their own. In Classroom Ephemera, I will present documents produced to last only a short period of time, normally not more than one class period.

Anonymous . Graphite on Notebook Paper . $475
Following this thread will allow you to return to the  strangely compelling, yet often utterly banal secrets of adolescence. It might be the last glimpse of a fading world of pencils and tightly folded notebook paper. The decade before Vernor Vinge's vision of skiving off ruins everything.

All of these works were given to me or confiscated in the course of the instructional day. I do not remember from whom they were collected or in what year. I have redacted any identifying features.

A Study in Penises

For this first edition, I thought I'd start with a deceptively simple sketch. Explicate.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered what the trifecta of penis heaven would look like. Now I know!